Carpet cleaning experts reveal some secrets that will help people who would like to clean their carpet floors for car. Let’s consider their step-by-step guide:
Basic Preparations for Car Cleaning
- To start the process of cleaning, some preparation is needed. The first thing is to remove the garbage from your car, as it emits a lot of bad odor.
- Then, the interior needs to be thoroughly vacuumed, so that all the dirt and crumbs are removed from the floor and the surfaces.
- Clean the windows using a window cleaner. Both of these steps will also add some freshness and will clear the air inside.
Carpet Floor Mats
Next come floor mats. Remove them from the car if they are removable. If not, you will have to clean them on place. The next cleaning method will depend on whether your mats are cloth or rubber.
If your floor mats are cloth, do follow these tips:
- Apply a vacuum cleaner to extract the soil and dirt from the fibers.
- To speed up the drying process, sprinkle some baking soda on the mat. It will not only help remove the bad odor, but will also quickly absorb the moisture.
- The vacuum cleaning should be applied on both sides to remove dust completely.
If you don’t have a vacuum cleaner around, you can find a hard surface outside and strike the mat against it. This will help you remove a lot of dust, dirt, sand, etc.
In case, your floor mats are rubber, do the following:
- Start washing the mats outside using a hose from clean to the dirt side. This method will loose and remove the gathered dirt.
- Ensure to not wet the mats on the downside.
- Another method is to use the high pressure of a car wash.
- Next step is shampooing. The dirt will be easier lifted out. Using a liquid soap is a good option, although you may try also with a baking soda.
- After spraying the detergent all over the mat, add some more pressure to the water hose to clean it.
- The last step would be to dry the mats so you can place them back in the car.
- In case, you don’t have enough time to wait for their drying, you can place them back in the car wet and turn on the car air conditioning on full heat. This will accelerate the process.
Using a washing machine
Before taking any of the above floor mat cleaning methods, ensure that your mats are not machine washable. But if they are, they probably are made out of carpet with no hard plastic backing. In that case, you have an easy method to clean it. Just remember to set your washing machine to a low tumble cycle. This will prevent the damage.
For more effective and helpful tips on how to clean your carpet floor mats for car or how to clean and manage well your carpet, turn to Mvir Cleaning. They are professional carpet cleaners based in London with a lot of experience in this field.