The process of cleaning a clay from the carpet is not so easy, but it is not impossible. Yet, you will need a certain range of tools that can help you in the process. Let’s take a look at them in the list below.
What you will need?
- Choose a wet or dry vacuum cleaner with a powerful suction function. If you don’t have any around, you can replace it with a dry and clean towel.
- You will need a large spoon for cleaning, too.
- You will need either a towel or a paper towel.
- DIY detergent that consists of 2 cups of warm water and 1 teaspoon of liquid detergent for dishes. Choose a colourless one that doesn’t contain any bleaching properties.
- Use warm water for rising.
- Hydrogen Peroxide is needed to mix 1 tablespoon of it with 3 tablespoons of warm water. It is recommended to be used on light-colour carpets due to its bleaching effect.
- Club Soda is another effective and affordable solution against stains. Use a can of such soda that is at room temperature. You don’t have to rinse the carpet after its use, as it doesn’t leave any residue. However, avoid soaking the carpet to prevent mildew occurrence.
How to proceed with the process of cleaning?
After you have everything ready to start, follow the steps below to remove the clay from your carpet:
- Give some time to the clay to dry.
- Take the spoon and scrape gently the excess in direction from the edges to the centre.
- Then use a vacuum to clean out the clay while the carpet is still completely dry.
- After that apply a detergent directly on the affected area. Be careful to not soak it. Then let it stay for 5 minutes before you proceed.
- Blot the carpet and rinse with warm water.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to remove the excess. If the stain is completely removed so far, you are done. If not, you can proceed with the next step.
- Make a mixture with hydrogen peroxide as described above and apply it on the spot. Let it stay for half an hour. Do not allow the light to access the hydrogen peroxide to avoid bleaching. For this purpose, cover the area with a thick towel.
- Then, rinse the carpet with warm water and vacuum it to remove the access and help it dry quickly.
It depends on the stain and material, but most stains are difficult to remove with one attempt and require multiple attempts before reaching the desired result. Do not miss any of the rinsing steps to facilitate the process. Thus, you will be guaranteed against re-attracting the dirt soon after finishing the stain removal. Yet, there are cases, when you need to repeat the whole process because of the reappearing of the stain on the carpet’s surface. Be patient and complete the procedures again or call professional carpet cleaners who will do the cleaning the right way for you. If you live in London, the best company to turn to is Mvir Cleaning.