When people have to move to a new house in Wandsworth, they often realize that the cleanness of some items is not to the desired level. One of these might be an oven, which is not an easy thing to clean on your own. The oven might be coated with a sticky grime of black colour. Although some ovens have an auto-cleaning setting that you can run, sometimes it is not a good idea, as it can make the things worse.
Two Options To Deal With That Issue
There are two alternatives that you can choose. The first is to buy harsh chemicals that are able to assimilate all debris. This option is not recommended, as the fumes are harmful for your health. The harsh chemicals are dangerous for the environment, too. So we strongly recommend when you perform DIY oven cleaning in Wandsworth, to choose the second option.
The second option is to make a natural cleaning solution to clean your oven.
Use rubber gloves when you clean the oven and place the cleaning solution into a spray bottle to easier apply it on the hard-to-reach places.
Instructions on how to clean the oven
- To start with, remove the racks from the oven along with the oven thermometer, pizza stones and other things that may be inside.
- Mix a half cup of baking soda with some water to make the desired consistency of a paste.
- Next step is to spread the paste over the entire interior of the oven. You will find out that the white paste turns into brownish after you start to rub. Pay special attention to all the greasy areas.
- Then, leave the paste to stay overnight for better result. Don’t remove it at least 12 hours or better overnight.
- You will need to clean the oven racks separately.
- After the overnight, you can wipe out the dried baking soda paste using a damp dish cloth. If you find it hard to remove it from some places, you might need to use a spatula, too, especially in the places that are hard to reach.
- Then, use a spray bottle to apply some vinegar, especially in the areas where there is a residue of baking soda. The reaction between these two will occur that will turn into a gentle foam.
- The final wipe should be done using a damp cloth. Wipe out all the remaining dirt left by the foamy mixture created by the combination of baking soda and vinegar. If needed, you may add some more vinegar or warm water to the cloth during the process of wiping to ensure the oven gets as shiny and clean as possible.
- You can now replace the racks inside the oven along with anything else. You are done with the tedious oven cleaning and may enjoy the results.
After this natural oven cleaning, you can turn on the oven to remove any smell before placing inside your dishes. Now, you can rest assure that your oven is a healthy place to cook your food.
If you feel that this is too much for you to do on your own, you can always turn to Mvir Cleaning company that has a great experience in professional oven cleaning in Wandsworth.