How to Price Your Carpet Cleaning and Double Your Profits?
It could be quite difficult for the new carpet cleaning professionals to determine the price for their carpet cleaning services. But determining the right price is essential for the profit they will get from this business. If they cannot carefully plan their costs and what is the right price they need to get from their clients, they risk to fail at the very beginning of their business.
So here are the main factors that will play a significant role in price forming:
In order to determine the price, always exam the carpet’s condition. It is obvious that if the carpet is stained, you will give the client a higher fee, as the stain removal is more expensive. It requires specialized solvents, a lot more efforts and is typically priced separately from the common carpet cleaning.
Professional equipment used
The more modern your carpet cleaning equipment the better. It will save you a lot of time and hassles removing the dirt, soil, and moisture from the fibers leaving no residue behind. So it is worth to invest in good cleaning tools and machines to be able to get higher price from the clients.
The Pricing factors
There are some factors that will help you easier determine the price you need to get from your customers. These are:
- Square footage – whether that is apartment, office or house, you need to calculate the square footage of carpet to be cleaned.
- Stairs and floors – are there any carpets on the stairs that have to be cleaned too, as because of their difficulty to reach ad clean, they are more expensive and their cleaning is determined separately.
- Cleaning method used – whether you are going to apply steam carpet cleaning or dry cleaning. The steam carpet cleaning is more preferable as it provides long-term cleanness, while the dry cleaning is short term cleaning method that cleans only on the carpet’s surface. On the other hand, the steam cleaning method requires usage of bulky machines.
- Stain protection – if the client would like you to add this to your service, they should pay you more.
What is the price range for carpet cleaning London?
The average price of the carpet cleaning in London ranges between £22 and £55 depending on how large the room is.
Here is the price in more details depending on the square footage of the premises:
- A room of a size of 10×10 feet would cost £22 for steam carpet cleaning and £23 for applying the dry cleaning method. The stain protection will cost additional £7.
- A dining or living room of a size of 12×12 feet would cost £27 for steam carpet cleaning and £29 for dry cleaning method. The stain protection will cost additional £13.
- A double bedroom of a size of 15×15 feet would cost £25 for both steam carpet cleaning and dry cleaning method with the cost for stain protection – £7.
- Cleaning of the steps usually cost £2 per step and £1 for adding protection to each of them.