People in Tanbridge are often so busy that they forget to think about the hygiene at home or about the cleanness of their mattresses. They usually think that as long as they maintain the mattress covers clean, they have a nice and clean place for sleeping. However, this is not enough to secure you against the risks related to the dirty mattresses. After all, each night you are going to snooze the excrements of thousands of mites that live beneath you. How to get rid of them? Let’s consider some tricks to perform mattress cleaning in Tanbridge properly.
To start with, you need to avoid all the situations that lead to more dirt on the mattresses.
How to prevent getting your mattress dirty soon?
Just follow these simple tips:
- Do not eat or drink in bed.
- In case, you have a dog or cat, do not allow them to jump on your mattress with dirty paws. It is wise to train them to sleep in their own bed.
- Cover your mattresses with protection that would prevent them from stains or accidental spills.
Do you have children at home?
If there are kids or babies at home, it is more difficult and challenging to maintain everything around clean. The kids often do mess and the potential for spilling and accidents on the mattresses is increased. Cover your mattress with waterproof cover that would save it from a catastrophe. This cover may save you thousands of pounds that would be otherwise regularly spend for new mattresses or professional mattress cleaning services.
Regular maintenance – what exactly to do?
The first thing you need to do to maintain the good condition of your mattress is a weekly vacuuming. The vacuum machine will remove all the invisible dust mites that would otherwise accumulate and cause you respiratory problems and will emit a bad odour. This practice is beneficial to remove the shed human skin as well, i.e. the mites’ food.
The box springs also have to be vacuumed. A thorough cleaning will ensure that your bed is dust free and fresh.
What to do if accidents or stains appear?
No matter how hard you try, the spills and accidents may always occur, so it is beneficial to know what to do in this case. As soon as you notice a bad odour or stain, you need to tackle them. Otherwise, they might become a permanent problem.
- You need to choose the cleaning approach based on the type of stain. For example, if you spill a liquid, you should not rub, but blot. If you start to rub the area, the fluid will go deeper into the fibres and eventually may damage them.
So, just take clean cloths and start blotting as much of the fluid as possible. Paper towels would also come in handy for this purpose.
- If it is a dry stain, you can use a brush to get the stain off your mattress.
- I you have to deal with a blood or urine stain, you might need to buy a liquid enzyme cleaner to remove it successfully.
Sometime, no matter how hard you try, the stains simply don’t want to go. In that case, you can take advantage of professional mattress cleaning services in Tanbridge and call Mvir Cleaning Company.