Many people in Tonbridge require professional carpet cleaning, but not all of them are aware how long the carpet should dry before being used again. While it all depends on the carpet cleaning method chosen by the cleaners, we will consider the steam carpet cleaning method, which is much more beneficial compared to dry cleaning.
Yet, the steam cleaning takes a bit more time compared to dry cleaning. It usually takes between 4 and 6 hours to dry completely, but sometimes it may require even longer time. That is why, carpet experts usually advise people to not use the carpet on the day of the cleaning. They also propose some tips on how to dry the carpet faster. Let’s consider them below.
How to dry the carpet easier in 5 steps?
- You need to hire professional cleaners often to avoid heavy soiling of your carpet. If your carpet accumulates too much dirt and soil, it will require much more water and efforts to be cleaned. As a result, you have to wait much longer for it to dry.
- Opt for a company that can offer you a blow-dry. They should have a suction machine of industrial strength to accelerate the process of drying. When you choose a company that performs professional carpet cleaning in Tonbridge, ask them for this option in advance.
- Make the air to flow through the windows and doors by opening them widely. This will definitely speed up the process of evaporation.
- You can use ceiling fans to circulate the air over the carpet, too.
- Or you may turn on the air-conditioning, especially if the day is colder. If you think that opening windows is useless, you may use this option instead.
By all means, you need to avoid walking on a damp carpet. This may deteriorate its condition and ruin the fabric. On the other hand, there is a potential for quick re-soiling if you walk on it before it is completely dry. Even if you step on it with bare feet, your feet can pick the dirt that other surfaces contain and will wipe them onto the clean carpet.
There is one more thing you can do if you need to use the carpet while it is still wet. You can ask your carpet professional whether he could provide you with protective shoe covers. Many companies offer such things to their clients, as they know how important is to keep the carpet safe.
When to place the furniture back?
A reputable cleaning company would place protectors that are waterproof beneath the furniture feet. This will allow the company to move the pieces back to their places immediately after they complete the cleaning. They would also advise you to leave those protectors for at least 24 hours. Then, you can remove them. If you decided to opt for a DIY carpet cleaning, then you will have to wait for at least 24 hours before you place the furniture back to their places.