The Best EVER Homemade Carpet Cleaning Solution in Wandsworth
It is not easy to find the right recipe for the best ever homemade carpet cleaning solution in Wandsworth. Let’s first consider how many different types of carpets are there. If you make a cleaning solution that is not appropriate for your type of carpet, you risk to lose a lot of money.
An Overview of Different Carpet’s Types
So here are the main types of carpets:
- Nylon fibre carpets, which are more resistant to stains. They are also durable and soft.
- Polyester fibre carpets that over time preserve their vibrant colours. These carpets are usually made from recycled plastic bottles, which make them eco-friendly. However, be aware that these carpets are not suitable for high traffic.
- Polypropylene fibre carpets are very similar to the natural wool. Although they are stain-resistant, they are very prone to collecting dirt and soil.
- Wool fibre carpets are very soft, luxurious and natural but are prone to staining and usually their price is much higher.
- Uncut Carpet Pile – these could be named also Berber pile or loop pile. They are highly durable and can be easily clean and resist to the most types of stains. They are also appropriate for high traffic.
- Cut Carpet Pile is very soft and can be easily cleaned. However, the fabric is fragile and over time foot marks and vacuum trails might appear. It can be teared and worn and has to be often replaced.
- Saxony Cut Pile consists of individual strands that are fragile to vacuuming and traffic and are prone to stains. This kind of carpet is intended for a low-traffic area only.
- Textured Cut Pile doesn’t show any marks or prints and can be placed in areas of high or average traffic.
- Frieze Cut Pile also consists of individual strands that are highly durable and are great for commercial use where high traffic can be expected.
- Plush Carpet Pile or also called velvet cut pile consists in short fibres that are densely packed but are prone to footprint showing and wearing.
Now that you know the specifics of your carpet and can choose the right cleaning solution for it.
Homemade Carpet Cleaning Solution for Synthetic Carpets
To make a proper solution for a synthetic carpet, mix white vinegar and water in 1:1 ratio. This solution has to be added to your carpet cleaning machine for great cleaning results. However, be careful not to overwet the carpets with this cleaning solution. If you are not sure how to do the cleaning properly, it is a good idea to call local professional carpet cleaners.
Homemade Carpet Cleaning Solution for Carpets That are Lighter in Colour
Mix hydrogen peroxide solution 3 per cent and 1 tbsp. of dish soap in some hot water and add a few drops of essential oil. Then, add the solution into the reservoir of your carpet cleaner and use according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Recipe for a Homemade Carpet Cleaning Spray
For cleaning spray, you would need a cup of white vinegar, 2 cups of warm water, 2 tsp. of table salt and 15 drops of essential oil. Add this solution to a spray bottle and spray it all over the carpet. Let it completely dry, then vacuum clean the carpet and you are done!